Ellington Congregational Church

A Proud Heritage

Since the first congregation gathered in 1733, Ellington Congregational Church has offered generations of members a welcoming home to follow their faith. The present church building is the fourth church that the congregation has built in town.

To learn more about the history of our church, click here to read:

Celebrating  the 100th Anniversary of  the Fourth Meeting House

History and Catalogue of Members

September 18, 2016

 

Pastors

Starting with the first pastor, John McKinstry in 1733 through our present pastor Dr. Jay Terbush, thirty-two ministers have accepted the call to serve in the Ellington Congregational Church. The Church has been fortunate to have pastors with strong educational backgrounds, marked ability and unusual spiritual development. Biographical sketches of each pastor will be found by clicking here.

Research Church Archives

1785 to 1946

Genealogists and researchers can browse digital versions of some Ellington Congregational Church vital records.

Baptisms Recorded in the Ellington Church Records, 1785-1946

Recorded Deaths from the Ellington Church Records book, 1785-1946

Church Memorabilia

(Please contact the church office for records after 1946)